Well it is almost 2 so why not write. 3 year of college-only a step further in the right direction. Hey 3 steps back 4 steps forward-progress in the slimmest senses. Anyways, today has been a good day. Not enough of those to go around…but it has been. 3 call backs. 2 that I want and 1 is a lesson learned.
The first and most important. A play write program for the old globe. Gonna spend my summer doing what I love. Gonna make a play and somebody is actually gonna perform it. Hopefully I get this chance. The next is an account executive for the daily aztec. Pretty cool. Gonna be selling aid spaces in the news paper. I dont know how I feel about cold calling but we shall see whats up.
Anyways. I have a good feeling about summer. Please come sooner.
I wish life had a fast foward button then I realize I will wish for everything to rewind.
…to put together the little bits of us that were ripped out of us in all the wrong ways.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didn’t let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.